Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Poll: Ride-Sharing Services Are Cutting Down On Drunk-Driving Incidents

Times used to be, if your friend was drunk and threatening to drive, you’d have to deal with the inconvenience of actually calling up a cab while hiding their keys. But now due to ride-sharing services that can summon vehicles with a swipe on an app, drunk-driving incidents are down. This, according to a poll by one of those services, Uber, along with Mothers Against Drunk Driving. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like gas cutting into government money if the police aren't giving enough tickets they will find other ways to fine you,the money WILL come in.

Anonymous said...

Which isn't even remotely true.

Anonymous said...

Now the LEO's (implored by the high price taxi drivers) are trying to hinder Uber...The local governments are helping cuz the revenues are dropping. So much for it being about safety!

Anonymous said...

For many years when I was drinking heavy I called Gene's taxi and ordered 1 cab and 2 drivers it cost me double the normal taxi rate BUT the next day my vehicle was in my driveway and my license was in my pocket.