Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Cops again turn their backs on de Blasio at NYPD officer’s funeral

Thousands of NYPD cops turned their backs on Mayor de Blasio on Sunday outside a Brooklyn funeral home as he eulogized a murdered NYPD officer inside.

As de Blasio addressed the loved ones of Detective Wenjian Liu in the Aievoli Funeral Home in Bensonhurst, the sea of blue watching the funeral on huge TV screens outside showed their disgust for Hizzoner by turning around as he spoke.

Cops have been furious with de Blasio mainly since the grand-jury rulings involving the deaths of Staten Island dad Eric Garner and Missouri teen Michael Brown, two unarmed black men who died during confrontations with white cops. Neither cop was criminally charged.

More

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good keep up the good work NYPD.

OATH KEEPER MEMBER... said...

They should organize a RECALL on this DEMON-CRAT..

Anonymous said...

Disgraceful

Anonymous said...

Liberal fool.

Anonymous said...

3:38 I agree, it was disgraceful for the mayor to turn his back on LEO's and lie with the hate mongers.

Anonymous said...

and what brought all this on? oh yea.

Anonymous said...

ALL COPS CALL IN SICK.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's not like he didn't bring this on himself. What was he expecting?

Anonymous said...

Regardless of feelings. Respect needs to be given. I believe a president let go of a general for the same reasons years ago. I am younger. Not sure. Either way. Point is ....I don't like my boss. I hate him. But whenever he speaks I listen with my eyes locked on his. I do my job and get paid. These guys aren't arresting folks now. Only violent offenders. That's grounds for dismissal as a cop! I don't care what the reason! Everyone has a boss and job!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Good keep up the good work NYPD.

January 5, 2015 at 3:03 PM

It wasn't just NYPD officers, it was many of the ones from other states paying their respect.

God Bless our men in Blue!!