Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pennsylvania Seniors Express 'Shock' over Premium Jumps Due to Obamacare

Pennsylvania seniors are expressing outrage as their health insurance premiums skyrocket and in some cases more than double due to Obamacare.

"I was shocked," Charles Stull, a 74-year-old retired teacher from Mt. Lebanon told the Pittsburgh Tribune Review. "I'm thinking that I'm going to have to switch."

The largest insurer in the state, Highmark Inc., says the rate spikes are caused by Obamacare.

"The biggest driver is reduced government funding as a result of Obamacare," said Highmark spokesperson Aaron Billger.

Others, like 78-year-old Art Walker, worry what the rate increases will mean for his ability to choose the doctors he wants to see.

"I don't want my options limited at my age," said Walker. "I don't want to be limited where I can go for my doctors."

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - you voted for "Hope and Change"
and now you've got it.....

The rest of us warned you!

Anonymous said...

Higher risk patients should pay more. Weekly doctor visits, massive amounts of tests and prescriptions, etc.

Anonymous said...

Suck it up cupcake. The teachers union and you have always been heavy supporters of Democrats. I do not feel sorry for you at all.

Anonymous said...

Ya think? I believe that's what those obstructionist Republicans have been trying to tell you.