Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, October 17, 2014

Attacking Dog Killed, 10 Others Removed From Home

SILVER SPRING, Md. -- A dog mauled a dog sitter on Thursday in a small home with 11 total dogs. By the end, the victim had severe injuries all over her body, and the attacking pet lay dead from a police gunshot.

The home, located on the 4300 block of Garrett Park Road in the Kensington neighborhood, has been condemned.

The pet sitter, a 54-year-old woman who had been dog sitting for a relative, called 911 while the attack was in progress.

Neighbors heard screaming and so did police, once they arrived.

"When the officers went to remove the dog from the victim, the officers were themselves charged at by the dog," says Nicole Gamard, a spokeswoman with Montgomery County Police.

More

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nasty people.

Anonymous said...

poor dogs

Anonymous said...

Whenever I took on a job like this it always came back and bit me on the ass.That's why I'm always scarce when someone needs a pet or 2 watched,but 11? Good grief.

Anonymous said...

There go the cops again shooting dogs....

Anonymous said...

Dog didn't comply to the get on the ground command, or the Let me see your paws! I see the dog did approach in the ole aggressive manner. It never wears out.
Some dogs don't like being thrown in with 10 other dogs. I know lets shoot the dog, when they should have shot the woman.

Anonymous said...

1:15 Good. The dog attacked a woman, and should have been put down. It's a shame she couldn't do it herself, but that's normal.

I have owned dogs my whole life, and treat them as part of my family... but, if one attacked myself or anyone in my family... they will go night night. If neighbor's dogs enter my property and show aggression towards myself, my pets or my livestock, the Triple SSS method is used.

Anonymous said...

1:22--
Reading comprehension not your forte? She was dog-sitting, not the owner. The animal in question severely injured her & charged the responding officers. Were they supposed to just stand by & be mauled, as well? You're either a troll or an idiot, perhaps both. I love both animals & people, but if my life's on the line, the other party's going to lose, plain & simple.

Anonymous said...

Off topic a bit, but this is the norm for Montgomery County. Look at that house-one step above public housing. This is that county's voter base and why they always go democrat.
The few pockets of wealth like Potomac is what makes the country "wealthy."
When you have one person in Potomac making $600,000/yr and 3 in the more common low income neighborhoods making $15,000/yr that raises the income level of the county to over $160,000/yr.

Anonymous said...

It will happen here too, dog control when called never returns the calls. SPD tells you to leave messages for dog control. For our neighborhood problem solved owner evicted, for not paying rent.