Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 20, 2014

A Letter To The Editor: City stinks!!!!!


After reporting a street sinkhole May 28th this year. The city came and repaired the street which also involved tearing up the sidewalk infront of my house. The city workers said they would be back in 3-4 days to replace the sidewalks. That was 5 months ago and even with 8 calls involving 2 conversations with Salisbury public works, the sidewalks are still not repaired. As you can see in one shot the water meter sits 2 inches off the ground. My insurance states that this is a liability for me! I have bikes, college students, children all walking on this sidewalk and what should happen if one of them gets injured? I keep getting promised that this will be done! The last call the man recognized the fact that they were putting in handicapped curbs down the street and perhaps they should come and complete my sidewalks but that never happened. I would be more patient if it wasn't a liability for my homeowners insurance and a safety issue.. Who do I need to call to get this done????!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you could host a corn hole tournament at your house. That would get the mares attention.

Anonymous said...

I would try...Try Long and Foster or Century 21...lol

Anonymous said...

Conway took the cities road money (used for sidewalks and streets) and gave it to PG county for a 4 billion dollar light rail....

Anonymous said...

Home depot for a couple bags of quikrete or better yet a contractor to fix the whole sidewalk.

Anonymous said...

Email the public works director therefor you have a paper trail, not just he said she said.

Anonymous said...

They'll get out there eventually. Took them 8 months to replace the piece of sidewalk they took out in front of my building.

Just get a paper trail showing how badly they are dragging their feet. If a claim comes in, inform the insurance company of your written documentation showing how slow they have been. The city will eventually end up bearing the financial responsibility.