Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, April 27, 2014

You Need Bank Loan Officers In Sam's Club


I told you years ago, they'll take until you're broke. Then they'll get you to borrow against whatever it is you have left. Then they'll get you to file for bankruptcy until you become completely dependent on your government and IF the above images don't help assist you to understand HOW they are doing it, well, you are either already on assistance OR you are just plain stupid. 

Now, how do you get around it. Well, in these two cases let me tell you how to do so. Instead of buying ground beef, Sam's has two packages of ground turkey for a LOT less money. Trust me on this, make burgers from the ground turkey just like you would with ground beef and cook them on the grill. You'll need to spray some Pam on the grill before you place the patties on the grill. It will take HALF the time to cook and one thing is for sure, your burger will be twice as juicy as a beef burger.

Now I know most of you are thinking, NO WAY. I said, TRUST ME, you really will enjoy this fresh burger. It is NOTHING like those frozen crappy turkey burgers you've had in the past. Try it, you'll like it. There's no better burger than a burger on a potato roll. 

Now, as for the bacon. DUMP the pork bacon and buy turkey bacon from Sam's instead. It's around SIX DOLLARS and it is VERY enjoyable. 

STOP wasting your money. The above suggestions are much healthier for you and once you try it you'll see I wasn't wrong. The ground turkey must be fresh and not frozen. 

I always use ground turkey in my Italian food. NO ONE has ever noticed the difference in all the years I've been doing so. It has the exact same texture as ground beef and once it's cooked with the sauce no one will ever tell the difference. 

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Not to mention, Turkey Dogs are pretty good to with some mustard and a potato Roll after you grill it of course...

Cheaper, healthier and not really a difference except price...

If you are willing to pay higher prices for crap, then get used to it because you will certainly do so... Specially named brand crap...

Anonymous said...

I had turkey chili awhile back. I was skeptical, but it actually tasted good. So I'm sure you are correct in what you are saying here.

Anonymous said...

Joe can you start doing a cooking show? Many of us would like to learn your recipies.

Anonymous said...

you dont need a bank car, just an EBT

Anonymous said...

Turkey will substitute fine until the enviro wacko's close down poultry farming in P.A. and N.C.!!

Anonymous said...

Turkey pepperoni is also very good! I use it in my salads instead of bacon bits. A LOT less calories and fat, same taste. I just slice them into quarters and toss in the salad.

Anonymous said...

Just about everything is up in price but as a small businessperson all people are lowering prices to get work.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe for the advice and information!

Anonymous said...

Obama's free food for voters has caused all of this..they print money to cover it..give them more ..print more ..the Corporations like Wal Mart receive Government hand-outs too.. we the working people--they could both give a damn about us..

Anonymous said...

If you just can't handle ground turkey, try ground chicken. I did, I made a healthy taco salad with it and my husband who likes nothing but beef loved it.

Anonymous said...

I like both ground turkey and chicken but I can tell the difference. I use pork and beef for meatballs w/lots of eggs and parmesan and I can immediately tell the difference if I substitute the meat.

I did perfect a turkey burger recipe.
pack of ground turkey (I think it's 1lb)
1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped. A bit of onion, fresh ground pepper, a shake or 2 of parsley flakes and a heaping tablespoon of horseradish, the secret ingredient. Mix, form into 4 patties, and broil.
The thing you have to watch with both ground poultry and turkey bacon is that it's not any better for you than the beef and pork ground meats and bacon.
I have found the best bacon to be Kirby and Holloway brand. Not only for the price but also for the taste.

Anonymous said...

Paula Deen would not like you a bit Joe.Your ideas are too healthy and low in fat.

Anonymous said...

$3.88/lb for lean ground beef is a steal these days. Giant's around $5.25/lb.

This is one of the ways that the Feds lies to your about inflation...they use substitution in their basket of products and nobody realizes it. They used to include the price of a steak...now they use the price of lower quality ground beef. I'm sure that one day soon they'll substitute ground turkey. After all...it's still protein!

Anonymous said...

I picked up the 10lb pack of ground beef at BJs in Millsboro a week or so ago and put it into smaller packages and froze it. It was 88/12 (which I had never seen before) and it was $3.19 a pound.

Anonymous said...

Venison is much leaner than beef and a lot cheaper. Fill the freezer in the fall and eat all year long.

Anonymous said...

88/12 is odd. But my guess is it's close enough to 90/10 that nobody would complain while BJ's pockets a few more percent profit.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Sam's Club still use pink slime in their ground beef? What you may be saving in costs now is detrimental to your health later on. It's not meat including fat in small amounts that's bad for you. It's the whole process from the genetically altered livestock and poultry, to the chemical laced feed they eat, on down to the over processing such as injecting meats with solutions.
It's gotten to the point where it's really not even close to meat we are sold anymore.
I'm not a fan of venison but 4:07 is correct. Not only is it lean but not full of chemicals.

Anonymous said...

All meats are high right now and will likely stay that way for at least the next year. Doesn't matter where you buy them.