Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, April 03, 2014

A Letter To The Editor 4-3-14

Joe

I apologize for sharing this in comments but I thought it was worthy to share again how the BOE is wasting our taxpayer money. They have now posted a new position of Facilities Planner online. Can anyone tell me why they need this position? They already have a Facilities Planner that makes over $90000. Why do we need another that will make $40k. This is ridiculous. If anything, they need to put the money in our kids classrooms.

What are they planning for that it take 2 people. I think more investigation is needed.

For more info, check out www.wcboe.org and click on Careers and then Classified.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Managing all the gift cards is too much for one person.

Anonymous said...

The facilities/grounds/maintenance department was the ONLY dept that had NO negative recommendations on the Legislative Audit. At least we gotta give them credit for that! I wonder if this new position was budgeted or if it was like pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

Anonymous said...

You people love to complain about BOE look at the COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS!!!!

Anonymous said...

How in the he!! does a facilities planner make $90K per year and then another is offered at 40K? Looks like another inside job to me!

As a parent, I am outraged bc my kid's class has 28 student in it. I say get rid of both positions and hire 3 teachers!

Who is this person making $90k anyway?

Anonymous said...

Who decides there is money to hire even more folks for the central office? In light of the scathing audit, it takes real arrogance to create a position like this so soon.