Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, February 24, 2014

A Letter To The Editor: Improving Salisbury

What is the major difference between Salisbury and all the little Eastern Shore towns that main streets seem to be making it. I will be sending a series of suggestions in the following days that I hope will help.

I have heard all the negative and all the impossible ....so I thought I would give it a go.

The first thing that comes to mind is everything on the plaza needs to be taken out.

No Monuments , no trees in the middle of the street (and I'm a tree lover) and 2 way driving returned.

Every small town on the eastern shore that is making an improvement for the better (such as Berlin) has parking and 2 way traffic.

The monument can be moved in front of a building or set in a much more appropriate place. I myself, would just sell it for scrap metal and use the money to start all the new and wonderful
renovations that I have in mind.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like!

Anonymous said...

I always thought the monument did not fit the plaza It should be moved or torn down.

Anonymous said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Exactly right!!

Anonymous said...

While we are at it we can remove the rusted out "artwork" around the downtown area as well. To me rusted out "what is that thing" is not art. More money for worthwhile projects.

Anonymous said...

2:04 spot on I always shake my head when I see that mess I wonder who placed it there to begin with?

Anonymous said...

Agree, agree, agree

Anonymous said...

something everyone agrees?

Anonymous said...

agreed. i have enjoyed evenings in Berlin,Cambridge & Easton much more than in Salisbury.those towns have so much more to offer. shows, live music and an assortment of good pubs & eateries. parking can be a little more difficult because of much larger crowds.our local leaders are miising the boat here. when waa the last time the mayor & council spent an evening at the Avalon or Globe with a bite to eat in these rejuvenated downtowns. there is no evidence of major low income housing projects i can assure you!