Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Letter To The Editor: "Funny Story"

Joe, have you ever cracked yourself up? I did just that the other day. Let me set this up for you. It’s almost 5:00 pm last Friday. I’m driving down Northwood Drive toward Rt.13. I get close to the end and round the corner just past the car wash. There’s a backup due to some idiot attempting a left-hand turn onto Rt.13 north. If you’ve driven around Salisbury at all, you know this is an almost impossible maneuver… especially at that hour on a Friday! This person did however leave enough room for all the rest of us to squeeze by on the right. Of course, this further complicated their dilemma because all the cars passing were blocking their view. So I finally move forward and it’s my turn. I glance down at the rear bumper of the car and it’s got an “Obama” sticker on it! I thought to myself… “Ya should have turned “Right” instead of “Left” and promptly busted out laughing!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should just cut through Bob Lawerence's and make a right from his former business's Driveway--

Cathy said...

in all seriousness, there should be no left turns at that intersection. its dangerous. at least that guy left room for people who were turning right! most left turners there don't :(

Anonymous said...

Now that's a "You can't fix Stupid" story!

Anonymous said...

Person adhering properly to all laws of the road attempts to make legal turn, and is even courteous enough to allow other drivers enough room to get around. Still gets ridiculed by OP, and is advised to make an illegal maneuver by commenter. And people wonder what's wrong with this country.

Anonymous said...

hey anon 2:59

here's what i want you to do. drive down northwood dr. on friday at, let's say, 5:10 pm. then attempt a left-hand turn onto north bound Rt.13. let me know how you make out with that J.A.

ps. get a sense of humor (obama sticker, "right", "left") sheesh

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh! Forget the traffic study.

This was funny!

Anonymous said...

Salisbury still has horse and buggy written all over it,hence the ease of making right turns vs making left turns.I've gotten so I use Gordy Rd from Northwood Dr to 13.At least there's a red light.

Anonymous said...

Uh... I still don't get it...

3 Lefts Make a Right Don't It? said...

Uhh... I still don't get it...

Obama Voter

Anonymous said...

Some people have the sense of humor of a brick wall and the brains to match. This is a FUNNY story, just laugh and go on about your lives.