Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 01, 2013

Names Of Two Police Officers Killed In Md. Plane Crash Released


 OCEAN CITY, Md. - The bodies of two Ocean City police officers have been recovered after their plane went down in the ocean Sunday.

The bodies of Thomas Geoghegan Jr., 43, and Joshua Adickes, 27, were found by dive teams in the wreckage Monday, according to a Maryland State Police news release.

The plane was found 30-feet below the surface about one-quarter mile off the beach from 130th Street, police say.

More 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

R.I.P ....

Anonymous said...

As a fan of aerobatics flying, at least they died doing what they loved. God bless them and their families. I wish to extend my deepest sympathies to these fine officers' families.

Anonymous said...

Praying for these families at this time.

Anonymous said...

God bless them and their families, and the whole OCPD dept. Also all those who saw what happened and made the recovery so swift even in the threat of a tornado and rough seas I am sure. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

When you work in OC you end up meeting many of the officers and though I didn't know Officer Adickes I did know Officer Geoghegan who was Tom-my computer guy to me as well as an officer with the OCPD.
I can't remember exactly when we met but it was around 6 or 7 years ago and it's too numerous to count the time I called on him for computer help and advice.
He was always patience and level headed walking me through fixing the computer or learning new tasks when many times I felt like throwing the computer in the trash.
Several times he stopped what he was doing and came in person to fix problem because I'm some what high strung and get frustrated easily. I could never get him to take anything though I did get him to come over for dinner with us one time.
These attributes of patience, level headedness and willingness to go the extra mile for people was what made him an asset to the PD. I feel very fortunate to have known him.