Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 05, 2013

Obama Raises Cash In Push For Nancy Pelosi To Become House Speaker Again

President Obama says he wants to work with Republicans, but he raised millions of dollars in California on a two-day trip that ended Thursday to ensure that Rep. Nancy Pelosi becomes speaker again in 2014.

At a pair of big-money fundraisers at the homes of two billionaires in San Francisco, Mr. Obama called Mrs. Pelosi a “fearless leader” whose return to power would make it easier for him to achieve priorities such as climate-change legislation and clean-energy programs.

“I am looking to find areas of common ground with Republicans every single day,” Mr. Obama said. “But having said all that, I know Nancy Pelosi. I’ve seen her courage. I know that she is willing to do the right thing, even when it’s not politically popular. And I want her once again as a fully empowered partner for us to be able to move our agenda forward.”

More 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, God.

Anonymous said...

That is scary!!

Anonymous said...

You know what really bothers me about this is the state our nation at this moment.

Listen up everyone. It's all about power and control. You voted this man in and see what you've gotten.

Jobs report today was 88,000. Think that's good? Same time into his second term George Bush, the Republican had 250,000 jobs added to his economy.

Think about it.

Anonymous said...

goodie, goodie. i just can't wait...

Anonymous said...

the two of them can stick their agenda straight up their asses

Anonymous said...

Buying votes is something the dems do very well. one of the few things.

Anonymous said...

I wish there was someway I could move out of the United States but my house has lost so much value to even try to sell. Guess I could just walk away from it and leave everything to the bank.....but will stick around and watch my house go down in more value especially since Liarton and his gang were voted in!

Anonymous said...

She is a horrible representation of the American people. Her views are wild and uncontrolled, and she doesn't even bother to read legislation. Talks down to Americans as if we're her servants. I already knew Commiefornia was screwed, but her goal is the entire country.