Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

QUOTES OF THE DAY 10-23-12

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.”
“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell1984
 
“He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.”
― Alexander Hamilton
 
“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
― Martin Luther King Jr.
 
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
― Harlan Ellison
 
“Without education, we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.”
― G.K. Chesterton
 
“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
― Stephen Hawking
 
“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”
― Mark Twain
 
“I don’t know, I don’t care, and it doesn’t make any difference.”
― Jack Kerouac
 
“There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.
(Proverbs in Prose, 1819)”
― Johann Wolfgang von GoetheCollected Works
 
 
“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

No comments: