Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Comments Worthy Of A Post

Anonymous said...





Joe, if you lose the election will you move back to Delmar or will you continue to live downtown?
October 25, 2012 1:09 PM


JoeAlbero said...





anonymous 1:09, I'm going to be completely honest with my answer to your question.

If I/you lose this election I will not continue to live in Downtown Salisbury.

My Wife and Grandson are my life. Do you have ANY idea what we have been through over the past 7 years. Have you read some of the extremely nasty things people like Jonathan Taylor and others had dedicated every waking breath attacking my Wife and our children.

I have been arrested, sued multiple times. Our lives have been threatened numerous times. We have found dead and decapitated animals at the end of our driveway in Delmar as we were bringing our Grandson to the Bus. We have found more than 500 rounds of ammunition on our property as our dogs scared someone off.

No one you have ever known has had to put up with more crap in their entire lifetime.

I am running for Mayor because I represent each and every one of you who have been trampled on. I'm running for Mayor because it makes me sick to my stomach watching corruption everywhere we look. Special interests getting everything they want while we the people end up paying for those payoffs.

I am a retired successful businessman who can deliver everything it takes to make Salisbury a much better place to live and work.

That being said, I have said this from the very beginning, "This isn't Joe Albero's election to lose. It's the citizens' election to lose". If I'm not elected I can pretty much say we will strongly consider selling off each and every property we own on the Eastern Shore and more than likely pack our bags and move to the Carolina's.

IF the citizens opt to keep things exactly as they have been for the past 16 years under Tilghman and Ireton, I'm done with Salisbury Maryland and yes that includes Salisbury News.

Eight years has been long enough. I have fought the good fight honorably. I spend 18 hours a day on most days giving back to this community. If I haven't proven I am worthy of the next level by becoming your next Mayor, it's time for me to step down, walk away and let Salisbury slip right back to the 1950's again.

I'm sorry for the long reply but I want to be open and honest with all of you. I divided myself from my Family for the very last time in my life. I will fulfill my commitment as a full time Mayor, not a part time Mayor. I will accept the $25,000.00 a year for 2 years and I will turn Salisbury around, should I get elected.

However, just remember all the sacrifices we've done for one year BEFORE the election for the good of the people. If I'm not elected, trust me, we will have heard your voices through your votes and we will move on.
October 25, 2012 2:21 PM

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe, when is the election for local stuff? I got a ballet yesterday and it only had federal and state stuff on it, no local stuff, so when do we vote for you as our new mayor?

Anonymous said...

My compliments to you for your total honesty. I also applaud your commitment and efforts to Salisbury. Some may disagree with you but many of us agree with your ideas and opinions. I think Salisbury would be fortunate to have you serve as mayor and try "turning this ship around." I hope the citizens of Salisbury will vote you into office stop what has been occuring in our city government since Barrie was elected. You're campaign slogan is correct. "It is our election to lose!" Thanks Joe for everything, win or lose. Good luck to you and your family in whatever you may undertake.

Nikki said...

Yes when is the local election? I want to make sure to get my vote in for you.

Anonymous said...

Hope you win Joe.

I would have gave up and got the heck out of here by now if I had your money, but I have to compliment you on your commitment to this area. Nobody can call you a quitter.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine, nor do I want to imagine Salisbury, MD without Salisbury News! You are a huge influence in this community. If that occurs...let me just say Salisbury, NC is a beautiful sleepy small town! Hope it doesn't come to that though.

Anonymous said...

Joe-I am impressed by your intentions for a better Salisbury. If I am around come election time, I will vote for you. I hope that I have sold and moved to Delaware or Worcester by then.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. My husband and I are voting for you Joe. Both long time followers. Ireton must go. I have the feeling you'll be mayor for as many years as you choose to represent us.

JoeAlbero said...

The election is in April of 2013.

Anonymous said...

You have my vote Joe. You are just what Salisbury needs - get it back on track once again. Ireton and Tilghman both ran it into the ground - just like what Obama has done to the US.

Unknown said...

Joe, I wish I could vote for you because I sure hate to see you shut down the blog. I moved from Salisbury to Delmar 20 years ago or I certainly would vote for you. I don't know you personally but I have seen you out and about helping the community and I have certainly seen the ugly comments directly at you and your family on the blog so I can understand why you would leave. But I sure will miss you if you go. Good luck, best wishes either way and I hope you win for it will be a win for Salisbury citizens.
Dawn R.

Anonymous said...

Primary, if there is one, is late Feb. or early Mar., I forget.

General is early April.

This was an honest answer.

Thank you.

Andy Berges said...

Good for you Joe!

My Greek Philosophy is that...
LIFE is about "Living" it with PURPOSE & MEANING and doing our best to leave behind the best Legacy that we are possibly able to EVERY day...no matter if you are Rich or Poor, and FURTHERMORE...

No matter who you are, the FACT is that 100 years from now - we will ALL be 6 feet "under" the ground, so we ALL should STRIVE to do our best to make this a MUCH better place to live in while we are "above" the ground...

Not ONLY on MD's Eastern Shore, but the entire PLANET, because in "The End"...the $$$ we mistakenly "think" is valuable is actually WORTLE$$, but unfortunately...

WAY too many people strive to go to their graves LITERALLY "Buried" with as much $$$ as they possibly can rather than...

Living LIFE with PURPOSE & MEANING via doing their best each & EVERY day trying to make this a better & more PEACEFUL world to live in tomorrow for future generations before they are INEVITABLY...6 feet "under."

Anonymous said...

Interesting that you are not from here but you seem to have captured the essence of the plaza and Salisbury in general.It's odd that you get it and many people from here don't.You have proposed a workable plan for our fair city.No one else has done that.I truly hope you get elected.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the harrassment you've contended with. It's terrible for sure!

Salisbury Needs You----hope you win & I feel certain you will. People are tired ofthe corruption with which our town's been run for years.

You have my Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hoping & praying you win, Joe.

Anonymous said...

I Too know what it has felt like to be threatened, and scared in this community, and finally decided to retreat and do what I could from the side lines. I do want you to know that you have been the voice of the people and honesty and truth through it all I hope that you do win and will vote for you, and will consider please to stay on no matter what the outcome. We cannot make changes alone.