Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 15, 2012

Bridgeville Apple Scrapple Festival

Joe-   I wondered how many comments you may have gotten on the latest Bridgeville Apple Scrapple Festival.    I had attended for years, and then had missed the previous three.   Returning to the Festival I thought Saturday things were not as good as in previous years.  The people that work there were as gracious as ever, from the parking lots assistance, buses and vendors.   The thing that had changed the most for me were not as many vendors, and alot of home made crafts were not as abundant, and I was there by 10:00 am Saturday.   Also we hear so much about the apple food items and the scrapple, after leaving the school about 10:30 there were no scrapple sandwiches at the churches,  after asking around 10:45 where we could partake of these items I was told and saw signs that the food was over at 11:00 am.   Is it just me or if your festival is known for these items wouldn't they be available longer.   I will pray that next year things do improve because I'm sure they can use the money like everyone these days, and I do love the people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There were at least 3 places selling scrapple sandwiches and we didn't get there until after 12:00 noon on Saturday. Extremely crowded as in previous years and there were at least 3 streets with nothing but vendors of home made items. Not sure where this poster went but I would say I didn't notice a decrease in vendors or attendance.

Mary said...

I agree with 4:38 p.m. I was at the festival from 10-3:00...food and vendors everywhere. There was a huge line for scrapple sandwiches at 12:45; and another line for crab cakes. I chose to get the apple/dumpling to go from T.S. Smith. It was a wonderful time on Saturday and lots of choices of things to do and food to eat, and crafts were everywhere. I didn't see any homemade canned goods...That was the only difference, but I didn't go down every street. Thanks to Bridgeville for a GREAT day and great music too.