Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Donald Lawson, Powerball Winner, Claims $337 Million Prize

LANSING, Mich. -- Donald Lawson decided to have a little bit of fun with his mother two weeks ago.
"I called her and said, `I got a surprise for you. I won $200,000 in the Powerball.' She goes: `Oh my god. Yay!' I said, `All right. Are you ready, Ma? Well, the truth is, I won $337 million and $4 in the Powerball. Ha, ha."
Ha, ha indeed.
The 44-year-old father of two and self-described "hillbilly" from Lapeer, Mich., claimed his prize Friday – the third largest in the game's history – in a lump-sum, $224.6 million payment that works out to $158.7 million, after taxes.
More 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bet he is going to find a hot young girlfriend with in the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Cousin Don? Is that you?