Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 01, 2012

Muslims Hosting Events To Coincide With Charlotte DNC Face Blowback

In the run-up to the Democratic National Convention, several hundred Muslims attended "Jumah," or Friday prayer, in a park in Charlotte, N.C., as part of an effort to mobilize Muslims and get them engaged in political discourse. But the event sparked some of the same negative reaction that the organizers were hoping to combat.

Organizers said they hoped to use the prayers, a town hall meeting planned for Saturday and cultural festival to open events to non-Muslims and bring attention to problems that they believe disproportionately affect Muslims but are ignored by both political parties.

More 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our constitution supports freedom of religion NOT freedom to practice VIOLENT CULTISM.

I will never vote Democrat again.

Anonymous said...

You are not being ignored, believe me! We hear your hate and B.S. We are just not going to go along with it. And we have the right to keep our own beliefs that are opposite yours. AND we have the right to defend ourselves against anyone who attacks us because of our beliefs. So. keep on chanting if you must. But we will not ignore you. You are being watched and listened to very carefully.

Anonymous said...

"I will never vote Democrat again."

Thank you, 8:49. I don't know what freakish sub-section of the electorate they represent, but it isn't me. I won't vote straight republican either. But I'll be avoiding the democrats completely.

Anonymous said...

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, therefore they and the democrats are allies because they both hate America.

Anonymous said...

Over the years I've never voted a straight party ticket. I've always voted for the person I thought would best represent all people, and do the best job. However the passed 4 years have changed my mind and I will never vote for another Democrat again, as long as I live.

Anonymous said...

So the Democrat Party welcomes an ideology that mutilates yong girls and denies even the most basic human rights to women, but declares war on the owner of Chik fil a for stating his belief in traditional marriage. Democrats are theparty of Communists.

Anonymous said...

I doubt I'll ever vote democrat again. The reason being is that I believe alot of them know obama, omalley, etc are the worst the country has to offer with their failed policies but choose to remain silent and will usually still either defend them if confronted or attempt to turn it around on the republicans. Alot democrats are going to pay the price in future elections. Many a Maryland republicans loudly and clearly said that they only voted for Erlich because he was the lessor of 2 evils. Democrats always hold their candidate up to god like proportions.