Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Consuming High Fructose Corn Syrup Causes Brain Damage - UCLA Research Shows

My Take: I read about the dangers of high fructose corn syrup about five years ago, and ever since then I try to check every product I purchase to insure it’s not in there. This study by researchers at UCLA should give everyone pause and I suggest at the very least you do your own homework. Particularly since it is apparently in a lot of baby food.

So after feeding rats high fructose corn syrup…

“Their brain cells had trouble signaling each other, disrupting the rats’ ability to think clearly and recall the route they’d learned six weeks earlier.”

In other words, eating too much fructose could interfere with insulin’s ability to regulate how cells use and store sugar, which is necessary for processing thoughts and emotions.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that what is wrong with me?

It must be all the lollipops and ice cream cones.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

I hate when the media tries to report science! Everything is sensationalized to get you to buy into some crack pot mantra

Anonymous said...

Reading the Huffington Post can cause brain damage.