Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, January 16, 2012

Osteen: Romney "Believer In Christ, Like Me"

(CBS News) Pastor Joel Osteen, one of America's most popular religious figures, said on "CBS This Morning" that GOP candidate Mitt Romney believes in Jesus like he does.

 "What I see about Governor Romney is that he says, 'I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, he's raised from the dead and he's my savior.' I see him as being a believer in Christ, like me."

 Charlie Rose said, "That's enough for you?"

 "That's enough for me," Osteen said. "There's differences in all religion. I realize Mormonism is different from Christianity, but you know what, he's a man of faith and values. And to me, that's strong."

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh... this is craziness. Why won't anyone talk about what Morman's believe and do? Seriously, google the beliefs and practices of Mormans, then ask yourself "if someone can believe that ball of crazy, is that a person I want running the free world?"

Anonymous said...

What about the political issues? Don't they count to this man???

Anonymous said...

5:46 apparently you are blind. You have no clue what you're talking about. I am not Mormon but know many Mormons and have complete and utter respect for what they believe.

Anonymous said...

No, political issues are not important to the "Evangelicals", only religion and however they can push their religion. They use religion as the vetting for political nominees. If they don't think and act like they want them to (ie: abortion), then they're pretty much doomed as far as getting the evangelical vote.
I don't see Romney becoming President, simply because he is mormon. There are a lot of people in this country that will not vote a mormon into that office.
Religion has for years become a factor in determining a President. John F. Kennedy was catholic and there were a lot of people who didn't like that about him.