Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, December 29, 2011

PETA Names Janet Jackson 'Grinch Of The Year'

The animal rights organization stirred up its nearly year-old campaign against singer Janet Jackson, who added part-time furrier to her resume.

PETA just can’t let an old dog rest. The animal rights organization stirred up its nearly year-old campaign against singer Janet Jackson, who added part-time furrier to her resume with a gig designing a collection for Blackglama. Time and again, PETA called for her to denounce fur, and now that she hasn’t, the organization named her the first ever PETA "Grinch of the Year".

More

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a supporter of some of PETA's antics but I don't believe anyone should wear animal fur to look good or stay warm. People who promote the killing of animals for the sake of vanity are very shallow people.

Anonymous said...

Staying warm is not vanity. Harvesting an animal and using all the parts for good reason is ethical, much like harvesting plants and using all the parts of it for food and shelter. Besides, vegans kill every day. Ever see that cloud of seagulls following the tractor that's tilling the soil? Countless worms, moles, and shrews lay cut up in the warm spring sunshine watching seagulls pick meat from their chest and legs as they slowly die. How's that make you feel? At least meat is killed more ethically.

Anonymous said...

not a fan at all of fur unless I grow it on my body. I have hunted and used all parts of the kill the fur industry doesn't and that is why I dislike fur and don't want it in my household. My opinion only and I will stand by it. The media has nothing else to do and the seemingly scatter brain Jackson family will do something every few years to get in the news. In this case I show my apathy by once again complaining about it.

Anonymous said...

I love fur coats whatever they are made of, no difference then alligator shoes,boots,purses or snake skin items.Back in the old times you would bet your a-- you would have wore fur or froze to death.Give it up it is a lost cause with me I hate PETA

Anonymous said...

Never had a furburger? (RE: Bob and Tom)! I love 'em! Really, though, animals live and die, and dog food companies buy fur meat. Get over yourself.

504

Anonymous said...

PETA is a collection of the more ignorant of our population.

Anonymous said...

Be cold or wear fur? Hmmm, no brainer.

However, I have seen videos of how some animals are killed, or not killed, for their fur. That is just wrong and should stop. At least kill them in a humane way as possible before skinning them. Skinning them alive is so very wrong.