Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Poopsie Euthanized This Morning

After many years of enjoyment for the visitors of the Salisbury Zoo, 37 year old Poopsie who had been medicated for the past 10 years for arthritis was humanely put to rest at the Salisbury Zoo this morning.

Poopsie's condition continued to deteriorate rapidly in recent weeks, to the point she stopped eating her regular meals. Poopsie would have been 38 years old on December 27th. Spectacle Bears usually only live 25 to 28 years in captivity.

I may be out of line by speaking for my Wife but I can tell you this will cut deep into her heart knowing what her former co workers, (especially Ann and Gary) are feeling and experiencing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw Poopsie Sunday and thought she looked very tired. I am so sorry to hear this but at least she wil rest in peace now.

Anonymous said...

People on medicare may be next.

Anonymous said...

how many bears do they have ? my wife and I were at the park at noon today, and the bear was laying against the fence looking like it was asleep. was that poopsie ? or is there another ?

Anonymous said...

They did have 2... the bear you saw today was the male bear.