Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Man Arrested For Allegedly Biting A Snake


SACRAMENTO, Calif. - A snake bite in a north Sacramento neighborhood left the victim seriously hurt, but the injured party isn't whom you'd expect.

Police say a python underwent emergency surgery after a man allegedly bit the creature twice.

Officers were called to Del Paso Heights around 6:30 p.m. Thursday after a passer-by reported that a man was lying on the ground and may have been assaulted, according to Sgt. Andrew Pettit. When they arrived, they found David Senk, 54, still lying there — but police say he wasn't the one who was assaulted.

Another man approached officers and accused Senk of taking two bites out of his 3-foot pet python, Pettit said.

Senk was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully maiming or mutilating a reptile and booked on $10,000 bail.

In a jailhouse interview with KXTL-TV on Friday, Senk said he had no memory of the incident and that he has a drinking problem.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the snake gave a writting statement. I cant wait to hear the snakes side in court!

Anonymous said...

emergency surgery for a snake?? weird

Anonymous said...

I agree with 351.

Cathy said...

i also agree with 3:51. i hate a damn snake!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, then we'd be overrun with rats...DUH.

Anonymous said...

I guess I should also be arrested because I was in my yard mowing grass on my riding mower a few years ago and a copperhead jumped on the deck of my mower. I kicked it off and ran over it several times until it was in several pieces! I hate snakes of any kind and reptiles in general!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Please DO NOT put pictures of snakes on your web site. Some of us have terrible phobias when it comes to snakes. Thank You

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the snake gave a writting statement. I cant wait to hear the snakes side in court!

September 3, 2011 2:58 PM

Did you mean 'written'?