Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Big Budget Lies

The President ran up a deficit that has brought America to the brink of bankruptcy  and now paints himself as the fiscally responsible party who will solve the problem so long as the Republicans will do the moral thing and just give him more revenues.  He pronounced that this negotiation is tough and he would much "rather be working on new programs."  And that is the problem.  Give him more revenue and there will be new programs and new spending.  We need spending cuts; and not five years from now that will never happen.  We need them NOW.

I am sick of the class warfare demagouging.  I am tired of hearing about "shared sacrifice" to pay for Obama's 24% increase in discretionary government spending. I am tired of the demonizing  of corporate jets from a President who runs around the world at my expense on Air Force One.  And I am disgusted that every form of domestic energy development has been hindered by this administration while American Oil Companies are targeted because they receive the same "subsidy" for depreciation awarded all businesses.  Clearly, liberals believe that everything belongs to the government and anything we are allowed to keep is a "tax break"  or a "tax expenditure". 

Florida Senator Marco Rubio says it best, “We don't need new taxes. We need new taxpayers, people that are gainfully employed, making money, and paying into the tax system. And then we need a government that has the discipline to take that additional revenue and use it to pay down the debt and never grow it again.”

Read the article HERE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so tired of week after week seeing 40% of my paycheck being taken away by "my government" to fund programs that I am not eligible for because I am married to the father of my children or because I happen to work and actually pay my bills, including my mortgage on a house that has lost over 1/3 of it's value in the last 2 years!! If this administration is re-elected by the same morons who voted them into office in the first place, I will quit my job, default on my loans, and move to Mexico!!!!

Anonymous said...

Seems to me we were already headed down the current fiscal trajectory BEFORE Obama ever stepped into office. The pols. continue to get away with making poor decisions that exacerbate the problem because idealogues on the left and right continue to believe in the "evil rich white man vs. welfare queens in cadillacs" straw man debate that the elephants and donkey so often espouse.

Anonymous said...

2:39 A.M.
You are correct. The spending spree started when Pelosi and Reid took over the congress.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that nobody's talking about how much money we're spending and have spent on 3 wars?
If we had those dollars, we'd be doing just fine!
Look at the BILLIONS we just took away in Pakistan aid! Where else can we cut like that? I'm sure there's HUNDREDS of places where cuts can be made that involve money going OUTSIDE this country!
It's time to take care of our own!