Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

STATEMENT FROM DAVIS RUARK-STATE'S ATTORNEY


I have been blessed to have served the people of Wicomico County for 23 years as state¹s attorney. There are absolutely no words adequate to express my deep appreciation to our citizens, to the exceptional attorneys and staff who have worked with me and to tremendous law enforcement officers past and present with whom I¹ve worked on a daily basis."

There comes a time when change is necessary, and I fully accept and respect the decision made by the majority of those voting in the democratic primary."

I am also deeply appreciative of the sentiments expressed in the Matt Maciarello press release thanking me and my staff for the years of service we have given to this county. I value that expression on behalf of my entire office."

I wish both candidates the best in the coming election with the hope that the issues addressing Wicomico County can be openly discussed and potential solutions explored."

Until such time as a new state's attorney takes office, we will fully fulfill our duties and responsibilities to the citizens."

On a personal level I am remain committed to the best interest of residents and I am excited about the possibilities of service in other areas.

I am an Eastern Shoreman born and bred, a Wicomico native through and through and from my perspective, there are no better people on the face of the earth."

My thanks to all for the greatest thrill of my life in serving as your state¹s attorney."

Davis R. Ruark

State's Attorney for Wicomico County

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE YOU DAVIS<<<< Iworked with you on several jury duties...It was a great learning experience.....We will miss you.....

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'd say that's pretty classy.

Anonymous said...

10:53
That is because Davis is a class act.

And let me say this before someone else brings it up. Davis asked for the resignation of Sam because that was destroying the office. He did not do it because he feared Sam would beat him in an election. Davis is upstanding and I am sure we have not heard the last from Davis.

God Bless You for your service and your commitment to our community.

Anonymous said...

Working in Law Enforcement for the past 15 years with Davis and Sam, I feel they both did an outstanding job overall. I can't imagine the SA office without either of them. Some big shoes have to be filled and I hope the other candidates are up to the task...

Tidewaterbound said...

Well said.

Brenda K Price said...

I totally agree 1053, and I would expect nothing else from this man.. Yes this man made mistakes, but he also owned up to them, more than others in powerful positions have done.

Davis you have served Wicomico County well. Best of luck in your new venture.

Anonymous said...

3:14 I can understand him asking for Sam's undated letter of resignation in the event he won the election. However, please explain the demand for letters of resignation, of anyone in the office supporting Sam Vincent?

I agree, Davis Ruark has served this county well. I wish him well in the future.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the years of service and all that you have brought to Wicomico. Good luck in your next adventure. I'm sure you will thrive in that and a lot of State's attorney's offices will want your experience.

Anonymous said...

In every comment that I have ever left, I have always supported Davis Ruark, just as I try to support all law enforcement that do a job that few would be willing to do, if they knew the true threats that many experience and many times their family. Regarding the people leaving those unending negative comments every chance they get, they were mean spirited long before they got around to you and will be just as mean when they find their next victim. You did an excellent job for all of us Davis Ruark, and both my parents in their eighties and myself send you our warmest thanks for all of your hard work and dedication, and our respect here in Delaware. FredG