Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, June 03, 2010

A Letter To The Editor

"I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR MYSELF AND OTHERS OUT THERE, YOU GIVE US A VOICE IN THE GOOD AND BAD THINGS THAT OCCUR IN LIFE AND BRING ABOUT CHANGES THAT CAN IMPROVE THINGS FOR EVERYONE WITHIN THE SALISBURY NEWS RANGE, THE FACT THAT YOU ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT THINGS THAT EFFECTS OTHERS, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO MAY HAVE A LITTLE LESS, YOU GIVE THEM THAT VOICE AND LISTEN.

WHAT YOU SAY PULLS PEOPLE IN THE NEGATIVE AND THE GOOD, AND THAT IS NOT DONE OFTEN ENOUGH IN TODAY'S TIMES. YOU HAVE STARTED SOMETHING FROM THIS THAT WILL HELP HOPEFULLY CHANGE FOR THE BETTER SOME OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED TO PEDESTRIANS AND NEED TO BE CLOSER EXAMINED, AND CODES UPDATED AND THE HUMAN ELEMENT PUT BACK INTO THE EQUATION.

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR NOT JUST THIS ONE THING BUT FOR ALL THAT YOU DO. AND ESPECIALLY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR THE SARAH FOXWELL FAMILY AND HER MEMORY.

YOUR FAMILY HAS A LOT TO BE PROUD OF, FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS SO MUCH AND COULD JUST SIT BACK AND LET OTHERS GET INVOLVED YOUR VERY BEING WILL NOT LET YOU SIT ON THE SIDELINES. I HOPE TO BE MORE LIKE YOU AND PLUG ALONG WITH MY LITTLE GROUP AND DO WHAT I CAN FOR THIS NEIGHBORHOOD, THE HAVE NOTS AND THE ELDERLY. THANK YOU AGAIN."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on.

Anonymous said...

So well said! One might not always agree with you Joe, but when it comes to WHAT'S RIGHT or WHAT'S WRONG you are in there plugging away to help . You have a good heart and use it wisely! Thank for the good you do! EW

Anonymous said...

Joe, you have inspired me to get involved in politics and the community too. I have contacted Norm Conway and Gov. O'Malley regarding the sex offender laws and emailed the gov that I am for the death penalty for Leggs and others of his ilk. I have gotten more involved in reporting suspicious activities and I am a believer in standing up for what is right. I made a donation to the Sarah Foxwell scholarship,etc. We can make a difference! Also, I was never one to blog but I find it more gratifying and informative than watching tv and I feel it gives me a voice so I can either vent like others do about the injustices and crimes in our community and our nation and our world or give thanks to those who are doing something in our community that is worthwhile! I can tell you are very passionate at what you do just as I am very passionate about what I do in my job. I wish more people had that same self motivation and work ethic today. Thanks for the service you provide!