Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Quote Of The Day

"Every so often, I read something written by other people that I wish I had written.

For instance, Thomas Paine observed over two centuries ago: 'To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, is like administering medicine to the dead.'

In 21 words, Paine perfectly summed up the frustration faced by a conservative every time he attempts to debate an issue with a liberal."

--columnist Burt Prelutsky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I wish I'd said that!!! I am going to quote Thomas Paine from now on when I HAVE to talk to a liberal!!

Anonymous said...

or, debating with the likes of John Boehner. It goes both ways (but I don't mean that in the homosexual context, because I know how that creeps you guys out.

Anonymous said...

10:08

Nice try.....but NO.

John Boehner uses facts in his discussion. Something that the Democrats run away from.