Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Calling On ALL Eastern Shore Firefighters

I have been following a little boy’s story on Caringbridge (a website for people who have diseases, cancer, or are hospitalized). This little boy’s name is Joey & he is 6 years old. He LOVEs firemen, fire trucks, etc.

His mother is trying to collect as many child size (or adult) t-shirts (that is her first choice but if they don’t have a t-shirt, anything will do) from as many fire departments in the United States as she can.

He has a condition called Mitochondrial disease (I think that’s how you spell it).

Anyway, he has seizures very often and is often hospitalized. There have been a few instances where they didn’t think he’d make it out, but so far he has. He is often very lethargic, but whenever he gets near firemen Or trucks, he lights up.

He has even been named “Alabaster’s Littlest Firefighter (he’s from Alabama). I am helping her to collect as much as I can from Maryland. I should be getting pamphlets on the disease any day now which I am planning on sending out to fire departments that I cannot get in touch with otherwise.

I am planning on collecting it all and sending it to her whenever I get it. Please let me know if you think you can help with the fire department you (Or your relative) is associated with. If not I can always contact them. I would be so grateful and I know it will make little Joey so happy!!! Thanks!

Casey D. Baynard
Senior Loan Administrative Assistant
Easton Bank & Trust Company
8707 Commerce Drive Suite B
Easton, MD 21601
cbaynard@eastonbankandtrust.com
410-822-5109

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,
I have already started forwarding this post to people and hope to get as many shirts as possible for this young person...Hopefully many others wiil do the same....Great work...

Anonymous said...

Salisbury station 2 has sent a shirt. Joe would like to see a link on your site showing which departments have gave a shirt if that is possible.