Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

It looks like weed, but it's not: Law enforcement warn of fentanyl disguised as cannabis

A dangerous and deadly drug is popping up disguised to look like marijuana.

KUTV obtained an internal law enforcement bulletin describing the trend. The bulletin warned law enforcement agencies across the country to be aware of the potential dangers.

“I think a lot of death could come from this, I think — a lot of people stepping into the realm of overdose unexpectedly,” recovering addict Chris Ruflin said of the photos.

The bulletin states the substance tested positive for fentanyl, heroin, Tramadol, and traces of meth.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad none of that crap was around when I was a kid because I was kind of wild and stupid.I'm in my eighties now.

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone want to mess with this? Like playing Russian roulette.

Anonymous said...

You have to look at the picture on the original article. No one would ever confuse what looks like a bag of brown sugar with weed.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Like you I enjoyed unwinding once in a while. You could because you didn't have to worry. But now?? My GOD. They lace it with undetectable poison.