Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, October 13, 2019

A Viewer Writes 10-8-19

Joe, 

I need some info and you seem to be the only real source around here...during the recent cable outage caused by an accident involving a truck, I experienced an additional problem...my HVAC system has a wireless outdoor thermostat that connects to the indoor one...the day of the outage, my A/C also went out...and never came back on...had to call Mid-Atlantic to come and get it up and running again...the report says the wireless was locked out..
1 1/2 hours of labor to get it reset again...cost to me is $127.50...who should get this bill? 


 I heard through your blog comments the name National Vault Co was the truck responsible...is this fact? Do you have any advice on how to proceed to get reimbursed for this expense? Appreciate your blog and any info that you can share.

 Thank you.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it was the one on Old OC that guy DESTROYED that pole and multiple cable and phone boxes around it.

Anonymous said...

No this was the accident in front of Sheriff Dept. on Naylor Mill Road. It was National Vault Co.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that there will be a bunch of claims against them coming up.

Anonymous said...

Lazy people amaze me.
Get off you arse, go to the state police and ask for a police report and get the name. Then send the bill to the owner who will send it to his insurance company

Another perspective, one has nothing to do with the other.
Your wireless router was working whether it had internet or not.
I could connect to my wireless router but did not have access to internet.
I could also connect to my network but did not have access to internet.
I could retrieve files and continue to work on my network, I just did not have internet.

Based on those facts and your limited comment, you've got no case unless you and your dummy HVAC person can explain how lack of internet has anything to do with a router from one part of the house to another on a closed network system.

Not a very glowing review of your HVAC company that it took them 1 1/2 hours to diagnose a 5 minute issue.




Anonymous said...

sounds like the manufacturer of your wireless equipment is responsible

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone will pay that bill, I'm pretty sure it's yours. The problem with your home network is completely separate issue. Internet going out should not cause a network problem like that, so even if it were working in the past, it would not have been configured correctly.

Anonymous said...

10:44. Chill out.

Anonymous said...

Just pay the bill!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the age of "smart" devices that never work. Stick with the old stuff.

Anonymous said...

10:44 but he is an engineer...😂

Barb said...

You are lucky it only cost that much to fix the problem. Interestingly, it was never mentioned on TV or otherwise that the COMCAST supported phones were also not working which included Several doctors office, credit card machines were also out of service for the entire day. It shows how vulnerable we are. There is NO backup for situations like this.

Anonymous said...

If the electric goes out you don't file a claim if food in the fridge was spoiled.

Anonymous said...

YES, 4:18 WE are a vulnerable nation for certain!

Anonymous said...

HVAC service call for 1 1/2 hours at $127.50. You got a bargain!

Anonymous said...

October 8, 2019 at 10:44 AM:

My goodness. Aren't you a know-it-all? Not impressed. You know nothing about the problem, or what it took to fix, but you have all the answers. Like I said, not impressed.