Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 24, 2019

Four Juveniles Arrested After Firing BB Gun at Police Officers


Officers responded to the Dover Mall on Saturday afternoon for a group of disorderly teenagers who refused to leave the property. Upon arrival, one of them fired one of these BB guns at the officers while they were still in their vehicles. All four were arrested after they fled from police and a total of three BB guns were recovered.

Acting Chief, Major Tim Stump released the following statement regarding the incident:

“I first want to commend these officers for the restraint that they showed during what quickly became a “High Risk” situation. Our officers were faced with tough, split second decision and I can’t tell you how proud I am of them and all that responded to assist in the apprehension including the rest of the shift who responded and DSU officers who responded to provide assistance.

It’s times like these that shed light on the great importance of having a well trained department. What could have been a tragic ending turned out perfectly and I’m thankful for that. I am sure the officers are as well. The juveniles were apprehended and no one was injured. The officers actions were remarkable!”

For more on this story, click the link below:

https://wp.me/p407do-D2o

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And in a few short years, those lil thugs will be using real pistols.

Anonymous said...

They're damn lucky they weren't shot dead by LEO.
And then the social demagogues would be protesting in the streets, strutting their moral superiority.

mr bob

Anonymous said...

Guess the race of these teenagers. Go ahead, I dare you. I bet those guns have been pulled out by those thugs before. If they did it to me, they would have been shot (with a real gun). We can find out they were BB guns later.

Anonymous said...

and you wonder why the little bastards get shot by the bad ole police??

Anonymous said...

I hope that all of the mothers slapped their idiot sons silly after they bailed out.

Anonymous said...

Northwest Woodsman: Showing restraint when faced with a suspect with a gun will only get you killed. BB guns these days are indistinguishable from the real guns that they replicate. In my day, BB guns were ridiculously designed and in no way resembled a real gun.
Today, however, they are copies of commonly used firearms and to encourage your officers to practice restraint when confronted with a situation where someone is brandishing a firearm, is sure to result in the death or serious injury. I recall once when I was a federal agent in San Diego, a suspect was holding a deputy at gun point and his female partner exercised restraint and talked the suspect out of shooting her partner. If I was that male deputy, I would have immediately found a more reliable partner who was more interested in protecting me and “having my back” than being a PC SJW. The Sheriff, politician that he was, praised her.

Anonymous said...

Nope, not gonna happen

Anonymous said...

Cops should have opened up.

Anonymous said...

@June 24, 2019 at 4:02 PM. Are you kidding? The parent probably patted them on the back for not taking any crap off the cops. Plus I bet the bb guns were stolen.In black society, committing a crime is a badge of honor. Dey all gots to be gangstas. Naw I'm saying? No accounting for such ignorance.