Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, April 05, 2019

Man who was berated over his MAGA hat speaks out

t’s rare to see someone wearing a Make America Great Again hat on the Peninsula. In fact, it’s so unusual that a longtime Palo Alto resident named Victor — who was harassed at a local Starbucks over his MAGA hat — says he’s never seen anyone else wearing one in town.

But Victor, a 74-year-old retired technical writer who frequents the Starbucks at 361 California Ave., wears his red MAGA hat over his yarmulke just about every day that it doesn’t rain.

Mostly people don’t remark on it, though he sometimes gets a thumbs up. Sometimes passersby tell him he’s brave to wear it, to which Victor responds that one “shouldn’t have to have guts” to wear a hat supporting the president.

Victor said there’s an “atmosphere of fear” in Palo Alto around openly identifying oneself as a conservative or a Trump supporter.

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wear my "Don't Tread On Me" hat since I don't have a MAGA hat and get positive comments all the time. That also supports Pres. Trump.

Anonymous said...

I had to shop up a fairly rare part today because HD, Lowes, & TSC had similar items @ $15 or so or were out of stock yesterday evening and went to 3 more stores today during 8-5 business hours. The first had similar but not my size @ $15, the second did have my item. I didn't have a cash account in their system as neither did I have at the other two I shopped today, and was sold the item for $25+. I then went to the 3rd and last hope store that may have mine in stock and was sold the same thing for the usual $15. I will be taking back that $25 item to the less than white darker skinned clerk on Monday for a credit back on my card.

All while wearing my red and white "Make Them Cry Again 2020" hat.

Why would he charge me an extra $10 for the same item everyone else here on the Shore charges $15 for?

Anonymous said...

Yes 4:47, but the democrats have no knowledge of that