Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, January 11, 2019

Lessie Brown, oldest person in the US, dies at 114 in her Ohio home

Lessie Brown, a 114-year-old Ohio woman who was believed to be the oldest person in the United States, died Tuesday, her grandson said.

Brown, who had been living with one of her daughters, died at the home in Cleveland Heights, according to Ronald Wilson.

Brown said in 2013 it was God's will that she had lived so long. Others in her family attributed her long life to the fact that she ate a sweet potato nearly every day until she was well past 100.

'Oh I don't know. A lot of them say it's because I ate a lot of sweet potatoes, but I don't think that's it. I don't know, God's will,' she told WJW-TV when she celebrated her 109th birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought Nancy Pelosi was the country's oldest woman. ???

Anonymous said...

The SSA administrators are planning a long and hard drunk over her demise.

Gerald said...

Hell, I thought that Ruth Ginsburg was the oldest!