Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Following PJ Media Report, Arizona Democrat David Garcia and Others Return Donations From Sal James Rivera, Who Was Arrested For Sexual Assault

Five days after PJ Media confronted Arizona Democrat governor candidate David Garcia for attacking Brett Kavanaugh over sexual assault while refusing to comment on the sexual assault charges against his donor, Sal James Rivera, Garcia and other Democrats refunded Rivera's contributions on Tuesday.

"Hi everybody, it’s David. I’m here today to say I believe survivors," Garcia said in a campaign video. "I believe women. I believe the 77 percent of sexual assault victims that stay silent. I’m here today to stand in solidarity with one voice, to say enough. I support you, I believe you. Thank you." The candidate has tweeted this message with the hashtags "#BelieveSurvivors" and "#StopKavanaugh."

When Rivera was arrested for sexual assault late last month, however, Garcia had nothing to say. Rivera allegedly groped a woman who was driving him home after got drunk at a Garcia campaign party. Rivera proceeded to apologize to the woman, according to a police report.

More

No comments: