Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, September 21, 2018

'I should have fired him before I got here': Trump regrets not axing James Comey right away

Donald Trump said Tuesday that his main regret from the James Comey saga is failing to fire him months earlier than he did.

The president cut loose his FBI director in May 2017, a decision that led to the appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller following a series of media leaks by a disaffected Comey.

'If I did one mistake with Comey, I should have fired him before I got here. I should have fired him the day I won the primaries,' Trump told The Hill.

'I should have fired him right after the convention, say, "I don’t want that guy." Or at least fired him the first day on the job. ... I would have been better off firing him or putting out a statement that I don’t want him there when I get there,' he said.

More

No comments: