Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

As Flu Scare Tactics Unfold

As the Earth begins to tilt away from the sun in winter, North America prepares for the seasonal spread of influenza. The annual flu scare promulgated by public health agencies is now underway. The public is told: “Next flu pandemic could be ‘DEADLIER than Spanish flu’ – wiping out 400 million across the globe,” say news reports.

Given recent evidence that news agencies spread fake news for political purposes, one would think by now the public would have caught onto this scare tactic as the Centers For Disease Control serves as a shill for vaccine manufacturers.

The news reports admit influenza viruses are unstable and rapidly mutate. But they never say they rapidly mutate into less deadly strains mid-flu season. Got to sell millions of doses of flu vaccine or they go unused.

Even worse, the public may be coerced to inoculate against the flu even though public health agencies know beforehand the vaccine will be ineffective.

More

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Army inoculated me with my first (and last) flu shot in 1973. I got sicker than I had ever been in my life, prior to the inoculation. The Army tried to order me to take another flu shot the following year, but I refused the order, at the risk of military punishment. Because I worked for a Lt. Col., the lower ranking sergeant that ordered me to get the shot, declined to press charges (that the Adjutant would have dismissed anyway). I have had the flu a couple of times in my life since then, but was never as sick as the Army made me. Yeah, I know, I know, the vaccine they used in 1973 was a live vaccine for the pig flu, and the Army used us as guinea pigs. Turns out, the live vaccine killed hundreds, if not thousands of people before they stopped using live vaccines. I just keep telling my company, and my primary care physician "no thanks" every year when they suggest I get the shot. I'll take my chances....

Anonymous said...

I am almost 60 y/o and have gotten the flu once in my lifetime. You can probably guess this was the one and only time I chose to get the flu shot. NEVER AGAIN