Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, August 17, 2018

Suicidal Vet Calls MDMA Treatment ‘a Miracle’

Jonathan Lubecky is a 41-year-old veteran who, until a few years ago, suffered from a severe form of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Lubecky attempted suicide five times after he was discharged from the Army in 2009.

“My unit there knew there was something off with me while I was deployed, but it didn’t really become noticeable to me until after I got home. That’s when I started having a lot of problems,” Lubecky told The Daily Beast. “My first suicide attempt was on Christmas Eve/Christmas morning in 2006—right after I got back.”

Lubecky felt hopeless, so the drug he credits for saving his life might come as a surprise: MDMA, the purest form of the club drug often referred to as ecstasy, or molly.

In the years following his service, Lubecky was at times taking around 40 pills to deal with his PTSD and injuries he sustained when he was deployed in Iraq. At one point, Lubecky was stationed in what soldiers referred to as “mortar-itaville,” a camp that constantly got mortared.

Lubecky said the pills all had their own side effects, and they simply weren’t working for him. He was constantly suicidal.

More here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BS , my a$$

Anonymous said...

It does make you happy. Stay out of Disco's though.