Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, June 04, 2018

A Father's request

A man had 3 children (all sons), and spoke to each one before he sent them off to college as follows,

"I feel it's my duty to provide you with the best possible education,
and you do not owe me anything for that. However, I want you to
appreciate it.

"And, although it may sound bizarre, I want you to put $1,000 into my coffin when I die."

His sons became a doctor, a financial planner and a lawyer...and each was very successful, financially.

When their father's time had come, and they saw their father in the
coffin, they remembered his wish.

First, the doctor put 10 newly printed crisp $100 bills onto the chest
of the deceased.

Then, the financial planner also put in $1,000 -- 20 newly-printed,
crisp $50 bills.

Finally, it was the heartbroken lawyer's turn.

He reached into his pocket, took out his checkbook, wrote a check for $3,000, put it into his father's coffin, and took the $2,000 cash.

The lawyer is now running for Congress (possibly in your district).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you ask me, the Lawyer was the smartest man out of all of them...