Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, May 26, 2018

5 Hard Things You Need to Start Doing for Yourself on Hard Days

On particularly hard days when I feel that I can’t endure, I remind myself that my track record for getting through hard days is 100% so far.

And, I remind myself that hard days are necessary, to live through and to learn from. The hardest days make us who we are, inside and out. This can be difficult to grasp at first…

So many of us are afraid of ourselves, of our own truth, and our feelings most of all. We talk about how great the concepts of life and love and passion are, but then we subconsciously hide from them every day. We hide from our truest feelings. Because the truth is, life and love and passion all hurt sometimes, and the feelings this pain brings disturbs us.

We are taught at an early age that pain is evil and harmful. Yet, how can we ever deal with real life and true love and passionate work if we’re afraid to feel what we really feel? We need to feel pain, just as we need to feel alive and loved and driven. Pain is meant to wake us up, yet we try to hide from it. Realize this! Pain is something to carry willingly, just like good sense. Because you can only learn how strong you are in every important area of your life when being strong is the only choice you have.

It’s all in how you carry the things that don’t come easy or don’t go your way. That’s what matters in the end. You should stand up for your right to feel pain, to endure it, to deal with the hard realities of life and love and work, as you grow into the strongest, wisest, truest version of yourself.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. It illustrates the importance of viewing the glass as half full.

Anonymous said...

When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying if I believe in dinosaurs, they must believe in me. And if they believe in me, then I can do anything.

Anonymous said...

Lately it's kind of hard to get in a "slump" with the likes of Jake day running around town doing and saying all the ridiculous things he comes up with! With our country facing record debt and several major financial institutions warning of the inevitable train wreck Jake day keeps spending Salisbury's money like its his own. I pray he's still in office when Salisbury implodes

Anonymous said...

Pay attention only to the things that matter.