Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, April 01, 2018

Vegans Protest Restaurant, So Chef Carves Deer In Front Of Them

CBS Local — A Canadian chef who was fed up with vegan protesters outside of his Toronto restaurant gave the activists a shocking demonstration of his own. The chef and co-owner decided to give the vegans close-up look at his craft by carving a fresh deer leg in the shop window.

“I figured, I’ll show them. I’m going to have my own protest,” Michael Hunter of Antler Kitchen & Bar told The Globe And Mail.

Hunter’s counter-protest came after animal rights activists staged small rallies outside the restaurant for three straight months. The vegans reportedly held signs calling the chef a “murderer” and chanted “you’ve got blood on your hands.”

Antler is a Toronto locavore restaurant which advertises that they serve locally grown and farmed foods; including wild animals like deer. “This is who we are and what we do,” Hunter added about his March 23 display. “They’re offending us; I’m going to offend them. So I went and got a deer leg.”

The meat carving was apparently too much for some of the protesters who videotaped the incident and commented on the alarming experience. “We were in shock,” protest organizer Marni Ugar said, via CTV News. “It’s just an animal and we felt sad. For me, I felt sad for a few days after seeing that.”

More

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Freakin' SNOWFLAKES!!

Jim said...

Outstanding. I wish I could have been there to see it.

Anonymous said...

We need a new sport of protester bashing.

Anonymous said...

I never feel sad after eating a leg of whatever. I feel full.

Anonymous said...

Wish I lived there to support the restaurant. Sound like fine American's. I would get a carry-out and dine with the idiot's outside. Throw them a bone or two. Lol

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. I am so tired of others pushing their lifestyle / agenda on me.
Go away and leave me alone.
Such an intolerant one sided world we live in.

Anonymous said...

Keep those problems North of the border. We have enough snowflakes, p-hat wearing nuts down here to worry about AND handle!!!

Vegans - SHEESH!

Anonymous said...

1:38 It is in Toronto, that would be Canada! Canadians not Americans. SMH.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
Wish I lived there to support the restaurant. Sound like fine American's. I would get a carry-out and dine with the idiot's outside. Throw them a bone or two. Lol

March 30, 2018 at 1:38 PM

It's in Canada so they are Canadians, not Americans.

Anonymous said...

Vegans will starve to death. It's the Wal-Mart obese we will be paying for.

Anonymous said...

2:19...3:39 my fault for just reading the headlines. So sorry to have offended you folks. Wow..you are so easy to set off. you must be a vegan. Anyway they would make good American's, sorry I can't say the same for you delicate folks.

Signed...1:38
(Please forgive me...please)

Anonymous said...

I like to boil lobsters and crabs alive, their screams excite me!

Anonymous said...

Alternate vegan days and meat eating days and you'll appreciate meat a lot more.Seriously,and you'll be much healthier.Eating meat 3 or 4 days a week is nothing like going without it.

Anonymous said...


Skinning and directing the head is especially entertaining for vegans!

Anonymous said...

5:32 I refuse to forgive you,you must be a Democrat.

Anonymous said...

11:08...dat right dar be the worst thang I ever been labeled. I be a right wing nut and I accept your apologies fer offending me.

Signed 5:32