Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A Viewer Writes: I finally figured out Jake Day's way of thinking

Joe,

I think I have finally figured out Jake Day's method of how he has gotten the crime rate down. Tonight I called the police for Shots fired in my area. I live on a street that is county jurisdiction, but across the street from me is the City of Salisbury's jurisdiction. I told the PCO my address and she quickly said I needed to call the Sheriffs Dept. he literally argued with me about who the responding party should be I told her I know my house is county but the shot I heard was across the street from me which is City jurisdiction. She asked me which street I was referring to in regards to the shot and I told her. She said yes you are correct sir that street is city but you are calling from the a residence that is county's jurisdiction. We argued back and forth some more and then she said maybe you are correct sir I will send an officer out to check it out. Something told me to go ahead and call the county too just in case the person was on county property. I would rather have an extra officer in the area if one was needed. Well, while I was on the phone with the deputy telling him the same story I told the City Police Officer, I heard her call in to the sheriffs dept over the radio telling them they needed to send someone because the call originated from their territory. I have lived at my address for many years and have worked with various organizations affiliated with the city. I know the property lines in my area and what is city and what is county. Especially when it comes to the house that I have lived in for almost a decade!

THIS IS HOW OUR CRIME RATE HAS DROPPED, THEY FARM EVERYTHING OUT TO THE COUNTY!!! WAY TO GO JAKE DAY YOU HAVE TAUGHT OUR CIVIL SERVANTS TO JUST TURN THE BLIND EYE JUST LIKE YOURSELF, AND PUT THE BURDEN ON SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!

Joe, this needs to stop. The city needs to start responding to these calls. This type of behavior is childish, unsafe and quite actually very disheartening! Things like this could allow a murderer, a thief or a rapist the time needed to get away after they commit a crime. This could even eventually lead to someone dying! Joe can you help us expose Jake Day for his lies, deceit and his criminal ways!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda like WCBOE... teachers are the problem, never "parents" or "students." Lol! Let Hogan or Jake come to feeding time in a Salisbury middle or high school. You've never seen anything like it!!! Do not even get me started on the hallways...

Anonymous said...

I am assuming you are on the E Side and we - in the city heard it too - if you are referring to last night. We didn't call it in because we had no idea where it came from and figured someone closer to the action would call it in.

Anonymous said...

@9:21 AM
You are right, the East Side has some really gerrymandered boundaries. Was broken in to in broad daylight several years ago, neighbor witnessed and called SPD. Based on their address, SPD responded. I live across the street, which is county. SPD could (or would) do nothing. They called WCSO...and the bastard that kicked my door down is probably still running!

Anonymous said...

If they really wanted to catch the person and solve the crime, they would have called a Trooper.

Anonymous said...

10:23 Only if it is a traffic violation. Stick to what you know. The State Police only have three full service barracks in the state lol. Revenuers is what you are.

Anonymous said...

Dispatcher needs more training. The agency that needs to respond is the one where the actual incident happened. For example if someone from Parsonsburg calls in to report about a robbery on E Locust St in Salisbury. SPD needs to investigate not the sheriff's office. Some people wait til they get home to call in reports.

Anonymous said...

Really? Only 3 full service barracks. What about: Berlin, Princess Anne, Salisbury, Easton, Centerville, Prince Frederick, Leonardtown, North East, Belair, Frederick, Cumberland, McHenry and Westminster? That’s 13. You really shouldn’t talk about things that you don’t understand. Go back to doing our courtroom security, school resource officer job, enforce parking violations downtown or campus security and leave the real police work to be Troopers. Funny how everyone uses the Maryland State Police Crime Lab, Aviation and Homicide Unit to solve all their problems. Tell me, was it the push ups or pull ups that you failed and prevented you from becoming one of Maryland’s Finest? Don’t be bitter. Not everyone can be the best. That’s why there are Deputies and Officers.

Anonymous said...

I've had run ins with the dispatchers as well. A theft in the Moose parking lot, and a domestic violence possibility near the old mall. In both cases they had no idea if it was city or county.
Mike's boys are better at it anyway, let them take care of all of it.
I even called the MD Troopers one time about a falling down drunk at the Salisbury liquor store and was told it wasn't their jurisdiction. Hello?????????????????? Anybody there??????????????

Anonymous said...

4:34 ye, only 3 FULL service barracks in the state. Maybe you shouldn't speak of what you don't know.

lmclain said...

4:34...that wasn't it. The push ups were easy.
It's when they did a fake bust to see how he acted.
He turned in all the cocaine and all the money.

His "brothers" knew right then and there he wasn't cop material.

He now is working the metal detector at the courthouse. Unarmed.

Anonymous said...

Speak up then. I gave you the list of f13 full service barracks. Where are the magic “3” that you speak of o wise one?

Anonymous said...

You’re right. He wasn’t “cop” material. That’s why he is a Deputy working court security. He wasn’t “Trooper” material because he SUCKED. Real Troopers aren’t referred to as “cops”. They are so much more.