Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 09, 2017

MALE LOGIC... FLAWLESS

THIS A CONVERSATION BETWEEN A MAN AND HIS WIFE. PLEASE NOTE THAT SHE ASKS FIVE OR SIX QUESTIONS WHICH HE ANSWERED QUITE SIMPLY,

BUT THEN SHE IS SPEECHLESS AFTER ANSWERING ONLY ONE QUESTION. I BET THIS HAPPENS MORE OFTEN THAN NOT TO MOST HUSBANDS OUT THERE:

WOMAN: DO YOU DRINK BEER?

MAN: YES

WOMAN: HOW MANY BEERS A DAY?

MAN: USUALLY ABOUT THREE

WOMAN: HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY PER BEER?

MAN: $5.00 WHICH INCLUDES A TIP (THIS IS WHERE IT GETS SCARY!)

WOMAN: AND HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRINKING?

MAN: ABOUT 20 YEARS, I SUPPOSE

WOMAN: SO A BEER COSTS $5 AND YOU HAVE THREE BEERS A DAY WHICH PUTS YOUR SPENDING EACH MONTH AT $450. IN ONE YEAR, IT WOULD BE APPROXIMATELY $5400 CORRECT?

MAN: CORRECT

WOMAN: IF IN 1 YEAR YOU SPEND $5400, NOT ACCOUNTING FOR INFLATION, THE PAST 20 YEARS PUTS YOUR SPENDING AT $108,000 CORRECT?  MAN: CORRECT

WOMAN: DO YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU DIDN'T DRINK SO MUCH BEER, THAT MONEY COULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN A STEP-UP INTEREST SAVINGS ACCOUNT  AND AFTER ACCOUNTING FOR COMPOUND INTEREST FOR THE PAST 20 YEARS, YOU COULD HAVE NOW BOUGHT AN AIRPLANE?   

MAN: DO YOU DRINK BEER?

WOMAN: NO.

MAN: WHERE IS YOUR AIRPLANE?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, but...
5 dollars a beer is the reason I don't drink at bars or restaurants, but with friends at BBQ's, etc. It use to be a 400% mark up on alcohol when I was a bartender for 20 years, but it is easily 500% today, even more with some wines. Add 9% tax and then 20% tip, drinking out is just a huge waste of money. Just like the movie industry, the increase of prices are out of control! I am glad to see the box office is at an all time low. A lot of restaurants are doing well either. Both blame millennials, but I think it is the prices.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a snotty liberal anyway.

Anonymous said...

Based on what I drink, my wife should have 2 planes and a hanger by now.

Anonymous said...

$1.33 for a corona light from the store

Anonymous said...

She should have left you by now. Lol

Anonymous said...

Sux to be poor...

Anonymous said...


Did she fly into a rage?

Anonymous said...

504, unless you know a local bartender!!

Which many of us do know!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy drinking with me friends BUT there ain't no way I'm paying 5 buck for a beer. I buy a case of beer and my buddys come over and we kick back in my garage and have a good time drinking and telling lies and shooting the shit. The women leave us alone and we have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Some would consider this some form of microaggression. Tough luck.

Anonymous said...

Airplanes can be had for $6-30k for a little aged one, just as fun. So, drink cheaper beer and buy the airplane, too! Chances are the wife is so expensive, the airplane is out of the question no matter how much beer you drink!

Mine left 18 years ago, and I love flying my plane!