Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Monday, October 16, 2017

A Viewer Writes: IRS Telephone Scam

Joe,

You might want to let people know about a IRS telephone scam going on just got a call about my home and all bank accounts are being taken by the IRS unless I call a number back the number on my caller ID is Midway City Ca. 657-306-4050 its a computer generated call wanting you to call another number I'm not Shure the call back number is right was writhing in a hurry but I think it 657-306-4050,  don't fall pray to the scam.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The IRS never calls you. They always communicate by mail.

Anonymous said...

I get these calls almost every day. Also the ones wanting me to borrow money.

Anonymous said...

I had the perp on one phone & MSP on the other. Nothing was done. Absolutely NOTHING!

.

Anonymous said...

The perp was prob halfway across the country, speaking over a VOIP phone line that pretty much makes it impossible for them to trace it. What is MSP supposed to do about that?

Anonymous said...

If you’re stupid enough to fall for it....more power to the “perps”
Perps lol...you peaople need to quit watching cop shows.

Anonymous said...

As one famous showman once observed, "there's a sucker born every minute." As long as there's naive people that fall for an obvious scam, there will be people that will scam them. The problem isn't scammers, its the people that fall for these type scams. Those calls wouldn't be happening if someone wasn't falling for it.