High Wind Watch
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY
The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a High Wind
Watch, which is in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday
* AREAS AFFECTED: The Virginia Eastern Shore and coastal Southeast
Maryland including Ocean City.
* HAZARDS: Potentially damaging wind gusts of 50 mph.
* WINDS: East winds in the morning...becoming northeast in the
afternoon. Sustained winds of 30 to 40 mph with gusts of 50 mph
* TIMING: Late Tuesday morning through Tuesday evening.
* IMPACTS: Damage to trees and powerlines. Minor structural
damage also possible.
Instructions: A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph...or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.