Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Cutting soda out will help you lose 14 pounds a year

Replacing soda with water can shave 14 pounds from your waistline in just one year, a study had found.

The study from Consumer Reports said that simply drinking 20 ounces of water instead of the same amount of soda will save you 119 cups of sugar.

Making this switch will protect your body from absorbing 52 extra pounds of refined sugar over 12 months, the study said.

Experts say this could make a difference in a country where seven percent of all calories consumed can be attributed to sugary drinks - which contribute barely any nutritional value - and more than a third of the citizens are obese.

The average American consumes 150 calories from soda each day but 40 percent of the population consumes anywhere from 300 to 800 soda calories daily.

That is despite a huge drop in the consumption of sugary drinks in the last few years, declining 27 percent since 1998.

More

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave that crap up years ago and am down 20 pounds. We drink way too much soda and eat junknky fast food as Americans.

Anonymous said...

6:!!.
Absolutely. Giving up sweet sodas and fast foods was one of the best things I ever did for myself.

Anonymous said...

I gave them up years ago too thanks mostly to my daughter. She gave them up first. But I don't consider Ginger Ale to be a soda and have one of those now and then.

Anonymous said...

ya and i dont think coke is a soda and have a couple a day

Anonymous said...

Don't replace that soda with diet soda though. Because then you will have a much higher risk of diabetes.

Anonymous said...

BS, all BS. I gave up sodas 9 months ago. Do only water & tea now. Eat a lot more responsibly, actually following a diabetic diet. And in 9 months, what has happened?? I've gained 25 lbs. I'm going back to the stupid eating & sodas, when I was healthier!! And this is, unfortunately, a true story!!

Anonymous said...

I barely weigh 100 lbs now. If I gave up all the bad stuff and ate only healthy food, I'd wither away to nothing and die.

Anonymous said...

But I replaced the sodas with more cold beer!!!!!