Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, July 20, 2017

President Trump said he wouldn't have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions if he'd known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself on Russia

President Trump said on Wednesday that he never would have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation that has dogged his presidency, calling the decision “very unfair to the president.”

Mr. Trump complained that Mr. Sessions’s decision ultimately led to the appointment of a special counsel that should not have happened. 

“Sessions should have never recused himself and if he was going to recuse himself he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

In a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times, the president also accused James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director he fired in May, of trying to leverage a dossier of compromising material to keep his job.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff Sessions is a turn coat!He needs to go!

Anonymous said...

"I would have only hired people who allow me to do the same thing I've been doing my entire career; sweep things under the rug and make settlements to avoid trial..."

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have appointed him based on his views about medical pot. He still retains the old and proven wrong views about marijuana.

Bob Aswell....Realist said...

When the world of politics introduced the 'Disgrace the President Show', I SAW Jeff Sessions say' If he wants me to resign, I will>.
For the sake of brevity let Sessions be a man of his word and do so. He was appointed and eventually someone else will be too. Dwelling on spilt milk is the problem in D.C. today...Too much talk and NOT enough do. When Sessions resigns I'll be a hell of a lot older than I am now. When these politicians get the authority to make my life miserable they only give it up when they die. McCain has been there so long time has finally caught up with him. THERE WILL BE a vacancy soon created by natural attrition. This is something you can BELIEVE!!
With all the other problems in the Country who the Hell cares. Bob Aswell....Realist.