Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A Viewer Writes: Memorial Day

Thank you for all your Memorial Day articles Joe.

In 1976 at 3 am in the morning, I knocked on my best friend's front door, with an Army Chaplain standing beside. Just two hours before, I was flying in trail formation, two Huey rotor lengths behind my friend when I watched him crash, burn and die. As a 19 year old Warrant, the job that night - telling his wife she was now a widow - was the hardest thing I'd ever done. We must never Never NEVER Forget their sacrifice.

Your support is recognized and appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your service, Sir and thank you Joe for all the posts you did on Memorial Day in recognition of their service. God Bless America.