Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Laurel Man is Maryland’s Newest Millionaire

For someone who spends his days searching for things underground, a Prince George’s County man who became Maryland’s latest Lottery millionaire is now flying plenty high. A spur-of-the-moment Lottery purchase last week changed his family’s future and provided him with the makings for a great surprise.

The 37-year-old husband and father works as a location technician – one of the folks you call before you dig a big hole in your yard. He found himself near Lucky’s Superette at 1101 Odenton Road in Odenton, a store that he knew sold Lottery tickets.

“I really enjoy scratch tickets,” he said. “My wife gets on me about playing them, but they’re fun.”

This time he chose a 100X The Cash ticket because he said the $20 game has treated him well in recent weeks.

“I was scratching the ticket outside the store, leaning against what I call the lucky spot on my car when I saw the dollar amount I’d matched.”

More

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My long lost daddy! Mommy's been looking for you for years!

Anonymous said...

Nice. Hopefully some of the money will be put away for the child.

Anonymous said...

Broke in a year!