Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Dow Jones hits 20,000

The Dow Jones Industrial Average cracked 20,000 as markets opened Wednesday, breaching a psychologically significant barrier just days after President Trump took office.

The stock market indicator hit the 20,000 mark partly in response to strong corporate earnings reports. Bond prices also fell, as investors began to anticipate that the Federal Reserve would raise interest rates at a faster clip in response to the good jobs news.

The Mexican peso also fell after Trump tweeted Tuesday evening about new border security measures and a wall on the southern border.

Stocks jumped after Trump won the presidency Nov. 8. The Dow Jones is up roughly 9 percent since then, led by bank stocks.

Source

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a Trump win was going to be sooo bad for the economy!

Anonymous said...

Hate trump but my portfolio is earning big time!

Anonymous said...

My 401k jumped up $800 in the past two days!

Anonymous said...

3:05 It has not been a week yet. Let's see where we are in 2-3 years. I voted for him, so don't give me that liberal card BS.

Anonymous said...

@6:48, my 401k has jumped $3000 since the election.

Anonymous said...

Checked my figures, I was mistaken. It didn't jump 3000, it jumped 5000! The Trump train has arrived! Choo-choo...

Anonymous said...

What goes up...must come down. I predict a great depression.