Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Friday, December 30, 2016

Grandma grabs shotgun to protect 8 grandchildren

The only thing a Midwest City grandmother was concerned about on Christmas Eve was protecting her eight grandchildren from an armed intruder.

"All the time I was thinking, 'If he points at one of my grandkids to shoot them, I'm going to jump in front of the bullet if I can,'" Sherione Johnson said.

William Jefferson broke into Johnson's Midwest City home and was set on taking her vehicle, which was parked in her driveway that morning. She was cooking Christmas Eve dinner when the suspect came in and asked where the keys were.

"He said, 'You going to be first,' pointing at me," Johnson said. "Then he said, 'Then you, you, you."

More

No comments: