Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Thursday, October 27, 2016

The 'Real' Reasons People Will Vote For Trump

Someone close to me, who is voting for Hillary, sent me this article recently, thinking it did a great job of characterizing Trump voters as real people. And I was so mortified and incensed reading it, that I felt it necessary to respond with my own thoughts on this election, and who I will be voting for.

The article is a perfect example of virtue signaling as it relates to this election. Nowhere in the article does John Biggs, the author, indicate that he has actually spoken with any Trump voter who actually has anything positive to say about Trump himself or his proposed policies. Instead, the quotes are merely meant to symbolize angry conservatives who are voting against Hillary moreso than they are voting for Trump. It seems this Ohio native turned Brooklyn hipster has taken but one glance at the odds and surmised that since he believes Hillary is going to win, and since he has such a large following, it is his duty to begin reaching out to Trump voters to bridge the partisan divide. It seems as if he wants to unite everyone under a nation of corruption and crime for the leaders, but not for the general population. Seeing as how I regularly communicate with Trump voters, I felt it my duty to respond, and will preserve the anonymity of my contributors by speaking through my own voice.

However, it is important to give some background on myself, my voting record, and who I will be voting for. Since I have been eligible to vote, I have voted for the Libertarian candidate for President. I am firmly convinced that the differences between the two parties are merely superficial, as they are both committed to deficit spending, endless wars, welfare handouts, and corporate bailouts/kickbacks, which are the real issues plaguing the country today. Most recently, in 2012, I voted for Gary Johnson, as I was very impressed with his campaign and platform. At the time, Charlie at Single Dude Travel did an excellent job of characterizing what it means to vote for a third party, and not be a part of the two-party scam:

More

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm uneducated on the dole pumping out kids hooked on drugs overweight and I want my freebies so I'm voting for HRC! better keep my freebies coming or else!

Anonymous said...

We in USA are sick and tired of Corrupt Government

and we are on the TRUMP train to Take America Back

Right now Our Gov is your worse Enemy Both Business &
Personal Lives

This is a new Revolution and Time to Take Back our Country

Anonymous said...

2 Term Limits needed for Congress / Senate / Supreme Court

New Rules/Laws needed Politicians Not allowed to take any
$$$ only their salarys

Crack down on Gov't corruption hold them Accountable just
like the rest of us are

Make all Animal Shelters (death camps) No-Kill all 50 states Give animals People's Rights Stop the Murder of them Hitler did this in his Death camps SAME Thing !!!

Anonymous said...

Un-Humane camps is what the Animal shelters are

I am afraid to take any poor stray animals there because
the Gov't will probably Kill them

I rather see them run FREE and maybe they get to live for awhile while on this earth They Deserve to Live just
like us Humans do ..... Come on People Wake Up

Stop the Murder make All shelters --- NO Kill Please write your congressman and senators !!!!

Anonymous said...

Because of the NEED - not because of a WANT.

Our country was promised Change and receive ZIPPY! 4 more years of the same is not in the cards.

When ever in doubt - CHANGE the paradigm!

TRUMP 2016!

Anonymous said...

Do Away with the so-called Electoral College too
Only the Public Vote should vote a president in office
All the college is ...is corrupt politicians who are
bought off by those corrupt (like Hillary) in Power
They can't buy off the public voters
This will solve alot of corruption in the system and get
a TRUE clean election
Don't use computers to vote either.... use Paper (the old
fashion way) so no Hacking can take place ....common sense don't you think ?? keeps Russians out