Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Sunday, June 19, 2016

From the Facebook page of Joshua Corsa, M.D., Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, Florida.

From the Facebook page of Joshua Corsa, M.D., Orlando Regional Medical Center, Orlando, Florida.

These are my work shoes from Saturday night. They are brand new, not even a week old. I came to work this morning and saw these in the corner my call room, next to the pile of dirty scrubs.
I had forgotten about them until now. On these shoes, soaked between its fibers, is the blood of 54 innocent human beings. I don't know which were straight, which were gay, which were black, or which were hispanic. What I do know is that they came to us in wave upon wave of suffering, screaming, and death. And somehow, in that chaos, doctors, nurses, technicians, police, paramedics, and others, performed super human feats of compassion and care.
This blood, which poured out of those patients and soaked through my scrubs and shoes, will stain me forever. In these Rorschach patterns of red I will forever see their faces and the faces of those that gave everything they had in those dark hours.
There is still an enormous amount of work to be done. Some of that work will never end. And while I work I will continue to wear these shoes. And when the last patient leaves our hospital, I will take them off, and I will keep them in my office. I want to see them in front of me every time I go to work. For on June 12, after the worst of humanity reared its evil head, I saw the best of humanity come fighting right back. I never want to forget that night.

Dr. Joshua Corsa M.D, EMT-P
Orlando Regional Medical Center
Senior Resident, Department of Surgery

Orlando Health Pulse Orlando

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow

Anonymous said...

First responders are the real heroes. With the situation in Orlando, all the medical staff were first responders too, as victims were brought in by pick up trucks with no notice or previous triage. God Bless them all.

Anonymous said...

Fake, just for the sole fact they are positing about it... as if we don't believe them so they post images, and story lines and the like to make it seem something did happen... Maybe something did, and maybe something didn't happen that night, but I know form the other false flags and terrorist events, no one goes through the details and posts stuff about it unless they are actors, or paid to be a patsy...

Anonymous said...

@1:25 don't reproduce

Anonymous said...

God Bless each and everyone of you, know that they saw the best of humanity after suffering through the worst of humanity. I am sure everything was done that could be done, you are our heroes and we are very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

1:25 May you rot in hell, you are sub human, you are the scurge of the earth, no heart beats in you, your soul is dead, this is my immediate response to your message . But I know even you have one last chance to beg Jesus Christ to save your soul. All beg for forgiveness they say in foxholes even the athiests. I pray you do change.

Linda Wainer said...

I bet 1:25 is one who does not believe we went to the moon either. Get out your tinfoil hats folks, they are coming! God bless the first responders everywhere. And ditto: please do not reproduce.

Anonymous said...

1:25, I'm with you. Not saying it did or didn't happen,just too many other false flags. And this one isn't passing the 'smell test'.

Anonymous said...

3:11 something is wrong with you.

Anonymous said...

This Dr. has to be Special !

Anonymous said...

Um...for a doctor..,you're pretty stupid. They have blood on them. They are a BIOZHARD!!' Protocol dictates they be cleaned or destroyed. Not kept in your office as some "trophy" to remember the event. SMH. Everyone wants to be the center of attention.

Anonymous said...

The man made a point it is his way of dealing with listening and seeing over one hundred people dead or dying. Those of you that did not serve in combat would not understand what it is to see other humans destroyed by specific violence. You two go back on mommas couch and play some more Grand Theft Auto. Have Mommy bring you a snack at bed time. There is noting close to watching the life leave a person's eyes. To hear them calling out to their god or begging for their mothers. Many literally piss their pants and beg for life. I may not agree with what this doctor is doing but I can assure you it will be imprinted in his mind forever. Just like the officer that took a round to the head. That sound will echo forever in his mind. Thank God for the Kevlar he would be way gone.

So to you nay Sayers walk a mile in those bloody shoes then talk shit.

Anonymous said...

There may be truth in the story, but I'm doubting the reality of the shoes. Doctors, surgeons do not wear shoes made out of material that would allow body fluids to be absorbed in this manner. Something just isn't right about this.

Anonymous said...

1:25
You are not alone in the suspicion of our government and its media apparatus.
Liars. Like their father . . . Satan.

Anonymous said...

They might be wearing those types of shoes when they get called in to work at 2:30 am for a mass casualty situation.

Anonymous said...

Cool Doc is also a Paramedic!!